Join B’nai Or Montreal Community Shul and the
Montreal Ethiopian Jewish Community for a joint
PURIM PARTY EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!
Vashti may not have wanted to dance, but you can!
Musical entertainment for all ages with Fran Avni.
Hear the Purim story!
Shake a gragger!
Wear a costume (or not!)
Bring your friends and families!
A kosher supper with vegetarian options is included in the price of the ticket.
Also come sample Ethiopian breads, dance moves, and music!
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2013
Time: 4-8 pm (kids’ activities at 4 pm; supper served from 5 pm on)
Cost: $12 (adults), $5-$8 (children)
Place: Kellert Hall, YM-YWHA, 5400 Westbury Avenue
Tickets MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE BY FEBRUARY 18:
Buy your tickets at the Y, room 117; or contact Reb Sherril at email@example.com
Enjoy these Purim learning resources:
- Ritualwell: http://www.ritualwell.org/categories/22
- Jewish Outreach Institute: http://www.joi.org/celebrate/purim/index.shtml
- Article by Jay Michaelson: http://forward.com/articles/6462/revealing-ourselves-through-our-masks/
- Megillat Esther on your iPhone, with gragger sounds! http://www.rustybrick.com/iphone-megillas-esther.php
- Listen to the Book of Esther online: http://www.virtualcantor.com/purim.htm
- Purim songs! http://www.virtualcantor.com/purim.htm