A unique High Holiday experience! All are welcome!
YOU MUST RESERVE A PASS BY SEPTEMBER 1
IN ORDER TO ENTER DORSHEI EMET. NO PASSES WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THAT.
NO PASS NEEDED FOR YIZKOR SERVICE AT THE Y.
CONTACT REB SHERRIL BY MONDAY TO RESERVE YOUR PASS FOR THE HIGH HOLIDAYS.
This year, B’nai Or Montreal Community Shul is collaborating for some of the High Holiday services with Dorshei Emet, the Reconstructionist Community of Montreal. Each year, Dorshei Emet holds alternative High Holiday services in their downstairs social hall. (They still have regular services going on upstairs.) These services are deep Renewal-style, with musical instruments, dancing, and chanting. Services at Dorshei Emet will be held on Rosh Hashanah morning and erev Yom Kippur. The Yizkor service followed by the break-the-fast will take place at the Y in our usual space in Kellert Hall.
Schedule of Services and Locations:
1. September 14: Rosh Hashanah Morning (at Dorshei Emet; PASS REQUIRED)
- Service begins at 9 am
- After the service: All are invited to a potluck holiday vegetarian meal. Please bring a healthy nosh to share – a salad, dip, cold main dish, fruit, dessert, or beverage. Nothing that needs heating please!
2. September 22: Kol Nidre/Erev Yom Kippur (at Dorshei Emet; PASS REQUIRED)
- Service begins promptly at 6:30 pm
3. September 23: Yizkor / Neilah / Shofar / Break-the-fast (at the Y; no pass required)
- Yizkor begins at 5:30
- Please stay till the end and join us for a healthy veggie potluck break-the-fast to end Yom Kippur. Bring a healthy nosh to share – bagels, spreads, fruit, desserts, beverages.
There is a suggested donation of $36 for B’nai Orniks. If you have already given in and paid your 2015-2016 membership (we know who you are!), there is no charge. If you have already reserved a pass – thank you! We will let you know how to get it. Please consider joining us in this unique collaboration to bring in a happy New Year! Please contact me if you would like more information or have questions.
Location for Rosh Hashanah Day and Erev Yom Kippur services:
- Dorshei Emet Synagogue, 18 Cleve Road, Hampstead
Location for Yizkor service and Break-the-Fast after Yom Kippur:
- The Y, 5400 Westbury Avenue, Kellert Hall
Wishing us all a shana tova umetukah – a good and sweet New Year!