1. ***NO*** Shabbat service this Friday (September 18)!
2. High Holiday programming schedule & reminders
1. Coming up…
Note that this Friday, September 18, there will be NO Shabbat service. That’s right – this Friday Fran and I will be attempting to rest (that’s what Shabbat is for, right?) in between the two big holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. We truly hope that you had a good Rosh Hashanah experience, and wish everyone a shana tova – a good year to come!
For those of you who joined us for Rosh Hashanah at Dorshei Emet – thank you so much for supporting the kind of collaborative, transformational, pan-denominational Judaism we in B’nai Or have been trying to implement.
Our next Shabbat service will be Friday, October 2nd, during Sukkot. We hope to see you then!
Also, watch for B’nai Or’s new programming schedule – including Havdalah Cafe, to be held approximately one Saturday evening each month. Havdalah Cafe – more music, more community, more munchies, more special guests, more spiritual programming – it’s what you have been asking for and we can’t wait to deliver!
2. Yom Kippur – details, details, details!
Information, Schedule of Services and Locations:
1. Tuesday evening, September 22: Kol Nidre/Erev Yom Kippur (Alternative service at Dorshei Emet; PASS REQUIRED)
- Service begins promptly at 6:30 pm, downstairs social hall
- Location: Dorshei Emet Synagogue, 18 Cleve Road, Hampstead
2. Wednesday evening, September 23: Yizkor / Neilah / Shofar / Break-the-fast (at the Y; no pass required)
- The evening begins with a special Yizkor (memorial) service at 5:45 pm @ the Y, Kellert Hall
- Neilah (the last prayer service of Yom Kippur) follows yizkor, then the blowing of the shofar.
- Then: please stay join us for a healthy veggie potluck break-the-fast to end Yom Kippur. Bring a healthy nosh to share – spreads, salads, fruit, desserts, beverages. We supply the challah, juice and wine. And maybe a dessert or two.
- Location: The Y, 5400 Westbury Avenue, Kellert Hall
NO PASS NEEDED FOR YIZKOR/BREAK-THE-FAST SERVICE AT THE Y – ALL ARE WELCOME.
May you be inscribed in the Book of Life for good!