Three steps to follow to participate:
1. RESERVE YOUR PASSES BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 – EMAIL R’ SHERRIL THIS WEEK TO RESERVE!
2. RENEW OR START YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT B’NAI OR – SEE ATTACHED MEMBERSHIP FORM BELOW.
3. COMPLETE THE GUEST PASS FORM AND RETURN TO R’ SHERRIL WITH PAYMENT – SEE ATTACHED GUEST PASS FORM BELOW.
B’nai Or Montreal is thrilled to be holding our services once again in the downstairs community space at Dorshei Emet Reconstructionist Congregation, 18 Cleve Road, Hampstead H3X 1A6. We are also extremely happy to offer an all-inclusive High Holiday pass to B’nai Or members for $36 per person. This amount includes all services. (There is no discount if you attend only one service.) There is no charge for a pass for children under 12, but each child must have a pass in order to enter the building. Dorshei Emet requires that, for security purposes, each individual (including children) who attends any services must have their own High Holiday pass. See attached poster for more information.
B’nai Or membership forms for 2016-2017 are attached to this email. Hard copies will also be available at our Friday night services. Please return this form with your payment to Reb Sherril.
This pass includes the following, all taking place in the downstairs community space at Dorshei Emet:
- Rosh Hashanah Day 1 – morning service and potluck lunch
- Erev Yom Kippur / Kol Nidre
- Yom Kippur – morning service; late afternoon Yizkor
We are also invited to attend Rosh Hashanah Day 2 services upstairs. We will gather together after our Yizkor service for the closing of Yom Kippur, havdalah, and the break-the-fast.
Schedule of Services – PASS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SERVICES
1. October 3: Rosh Hashanah Morning
- Service begins at 9:00 am
- After the service: All are invited to a potluck holiday vegetarian lunch. Bring a healthy nosh to share – a salad, dip, cold main dish, fruit, dessert, or beverage. Nothing that needs heating please! Please RSVP if you are attending the potluck to Deena Schrier: email@example.com
2. October 11: Kol Nidre/Erev Yom Kippur
- Service begins promptly at 6:00 pm – please do not arrive late!
3. October 12: Yom Kippur Morning
- Service begins at 9:00 am
4. October 12: Late afternoon program/Yizkor/Neilah/Shofar/Break-the-fast
- Arrive for 4:30 pm for a learning and Yizkor
- Please stay till the end and join us for honey cake to break the fast.
NOTE THAT THIS YEAR THERE IS A SPECIAL EVENING OPTION FOR PICKING UP YOUR PASSES:
COFFEE, TEA & TICKETS @ DORSHEI EMET
Pay for and pick up your passes at this meet and greet evening!
September 20, 7:00-8:30 pm @ Dorshei Emet, 18 Cleve Road, Hampstead
All are welcome!
If you wish to discuss alternate financial arrangements, please contact R’ Sherril.
Wishing us all a shana tova umetukah – a good and sweet New Year!